July 6 – Colonsay Fire Practice – 7:30 p.m.
July 14 – Danika Steckler and Mark Turner in recital at Augustana Lutheran Church, 1201 Broadwave Ave., Saskatoon at 7:00 p.m. Danika will be representing Saskatchewan at the National Music Festival August 9th to 13th in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
July 20 – Colonsay Fire Practice – 7:30 p.m.
July 20 – Reminder to seniors – annual picnic at 2:00 pm.
Aug. 6 – Colonsay Fire Practice – 7:30 p.m.
Aug. 17 – Colonsay Fire Practice – 7:30 p.m.
Please note the next Colonsay newsletter deadline will be AUGUST 25, 2011.
Please contact Sandy Dixon – 255-2024
OR Fax me – 255-2035 (ph me to confirm fax)
OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR you may drop off items at the R.M. Office/Town Office.
The website features new photos and information as well as the most recent newsletter and will be updated and added to on a regular basis.
Controlled burns please contact:
Rose Pearce’s cell @ 716-0706 or home 255-2311 or
Ron Walker’s cell @ 255-7848
or Roy Dixon’s cell @ 222-5356
Al-Anon: Monday 8:00 pm at St. Mary’s Church
AA: Monday 8:00 pm at St Mary’s Church
WHEATLAND LIBRARY NEWS:
Monday: 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Story Hour: 9:30 a.m. All 3- and 4-yr-old children invited
NOTE: At www.wheatland.sk.ca you can check your library account, order books and much more.
The 2011 Summer Reading Program at the library is: Splash! Celebrate Summer. It’s free and it’s fun. This program is for children up to Gr. 6. For teens entering Grades 7-12, we have the Teen Summer Challenge. There are great prizes for each of the programs.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
|July 3 – 11:00am||Aug. 7 – 9:00am|
|July 9 – 7:00pm||Aug 14 – 11:00am|
|July 17 – 9:00am||Aug 20 – 7:00pm|
|July 24 – 11:00am||Aug 28 – 9:00am|
|July 30 – 7:00pm||Sept 4 – 11:00am|
St. John’s Lutheran Church
Worship Services & Sunday School 9:30am
Colonsay United Church
NO services July & August
Sept 11 Services resume
Reg. Sunday Service – 10:30 a.m.
St. Matthias Anglican Church
|July 3 – 9:30am||Aug. 7 – 11:30am|
|July 10– 11:30am||Aug 14 – 9:30am|
|July 17 – 9:30am||Aug 21 – 11:30am|
|July 24 – 11:30am||Aug 29 – 9:30am|
|July 31 – 9:30am||Sept 4 – 11:30am|
THANK YOU NOTES
- A huge THANK YOU to the Colonsay Co-op for once again generously donating the supplies, time and
location for the Annual Barbeque in support of the Colonsay Pool. Over $1300.00 was raised! You truly are community builders.
- Thank you to John Fraser and Ron Walker and Mosaic Colonsay for getting the pool up and running. We’d be lost without you!
- We would like to say thank you and how proud we are of Colonsay. June 5th was the Saskatchewan Down Syndrome Society 1st Annual Rockin’ Fun Run in Saskatoon, over 45 participants from Colonsay and the Colonsay School turned out to show their support. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again next year!
- Thanks to Kobi’s for helping out doing the swimming pool steak night fundraiser and to everyone who came and supported to keep our pool going.
- I would like to thank all those who attended my bridal shower held on June 2nd. Many thanks going to Michelle Halvorson for arranging the community bridal shower and to Erna Sander and Bev Garner for their assistance. Thank you for the lovely gifts presented to me and as well as all the supplies you generously gave that was donated to the SPCA, I was overwhelmed by it all.
Again thank you: Jennifer & Stephen Peever (Charlie & Mary)
- The Cemetery Committee would like to thank everyone who came out for the annual cemetery clean up on Tuesday, June 7th (evening). Special thanks to families who have made provision for donations to the Cemetery in memory of a loved one. It is very much appreciated.
- The Scrap Collection Site has closed and is in the process of being cleaned up.
THIS SITE IS NOW CLOSED AND NO LONGER ACCEPTING DONATIONS. PLEASE TAKE ALL
GARBAGE AND SCRAP TO THE DUMP.
- The pool is now open daily from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Morning swim starts June 27th and will be Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Cost is $50 without a season pass or $25 with a season pass or a drop in rate of $3. Buy your season passes now and save! Family passes are $200 before July 1st and $225 after. A single is $100 before July 1st and $150 after. Register your kids today for swimming lessons, spots are filling up quickly! The pool will be offering birthday party packages this year, call the pool for more information. Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross will be offered in August, watch for posters! Any questions or concerns call the pool at 255-2033. Hope to see you all at the pool this summer!
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church is offering Catechism Classes for children kindergarten to grade 6. Lessons will begin in September and will be on the Sundays when we have our scheduled 11:00 a.m. Mass. Lessons will be before Mass (starting at 10:00 a.m.). If you are interested please call Shannon at 255-2034 as soon as possible as materials will need to be ordered and purchased.
- A huge thank you to everyone who supported the Lioness’s projects for 2010 and 2011. We had an exciting year with hosting the Women’s Expo in October 2010 and Ladies’ Night Out in April 2011. We provided hot chocolate and popcorn at the Rec Board’s Twinkle Tour held in December. We sold chili and bun at the Lions Poker Rally in February. We are active with the Community Food Bank by providing food hampers to deserving community members. As part of our beautification project, we lit up the tree in Harris Park this winter and we continue with our lovely flowers in the planters around town, as well as the flowerbed in Harris Park. Plans are underway to establish a park by the swimming pool, and to upgrade the existing structures. We are currently updating the Welcome Package that is available to new residents to the community. Please contact myself at 255-2374 to get your name on the list.This year with monies raised we were pleased to be able to provide funding to: Lions Foundation of Guide Dogs, Kinsmen Telemiracle, Fun n’ Friends Playschool, Blind Sports Association, Hurry Hard campaign, Swimming Pool, CNIB and Canadian Diabetes Association, as well as donating to Braeden Udell’s medical trips to Calgary.We are also planning a soup and sandwich luncheon on September 9th at the Community Hall to raise funds and awareness of Alzheimer’s. Please mark this date on your calendar and watch for more information.Wishing you an enjoyable summer with safe travels.
Erna Sander, Secretary 2010-2011
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church is happy to announce our annual Vacation Bible School program! We would like to invite all children ages 4 and up! This year the program will be running from Mon., August 8th to Fri., August 12th 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily. Registration begins Mon., August 8th at 12:30 p.m. (children may join in throughout the week) Special items of the week are: Wednesday a 12 o’clock BBQ lunch; Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. evening program for children ages 10 and up; Friday there will be a special evening program for the whole family! The children will stay until 5:30 p.m. Potluck supper for the whole family will begin at 5:30 p.m. with closing program to follow. Children ages 13 and up who wish to participate as a helper are wanted! Please contact: Jennifer Hollman @255-2333 or Amanda Sutherland @ 255-2365 if you wish to participate as a helper or have any further questions or wish to pre-register.