Sept. 5 – NOTICE to Seniors – that the meetings will be announced as soon as possible.
Sept. 5 – Colonsay Fire Practice – 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 7 – Bridal shower for Jody Coffin at 7:00 p.m. at the Colonsay Community Hall.
Sept. 14 – Colonsay Fire Practice – 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 18 – Registration night for the Colonsay CanSkate Club – please see “Notices” for more info.
Sept. 10 to 16 – In branch voting on the proposed merger with Affinity Credit Union. Please see “Notices” for more info.
Sept. 12 – The Colonsay School Community Council invites all members of the community to Meet the Teacher & Welcome Back BBQ/Social at 5:00 p.m. at the Colonsay School. Come out and meet the new teachers and socialize with the school community.
Due to construction and renovations at the Library, please watch for posters of hours of operation. Sorry for the inconvenience.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church
Sept. 2 – 11:00 a.m.
Sept. 8 – 7:00 p.m.
Sept. 16 – 9:00 a.m.
Sept. 23 – 11:00 a.m.
Sept. 29 – 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 7 – 9:00 a.m.
Colonsay United Church
Services resume Sept. 9
Reg. Sunday Service – 10:30 a.m.
St. Matthias Anglican Church
Sept. 2 – 11:30 a.m.
Sept. 9 – 9:30 a.m.
Sept. 16 – 11:30 a.m.
Sept. 23 – 9:30 a.m.
Sept. 30 – 11:30 a.m.
St. John’s Lutheran Church
Worship Services & Sunday School
Thank you notes
- Thank you to everyone for the cards, food, phone calls and visits after the passing of our mother and grandmother, Gerry Moldenhauer. A huge thank you to Sandra Rourke for all your help and to the ladies who organized and served the lunch. Even though Mom lived in Beaverlodge for the past 15 years – she always called Colonsay home.
Gord & Lori Buckingham & Family
Rick and Sharon Phillips & Family
Leslie & Landin Moldenhauer
Dale & Andrea Moldenhauer & Family
- We would like to thank everyone for their concern, well wishes and gifts to Wyatt and Desiray after their being in a car accident. It is good to know we are in such a caring community.
- Thank you to the Meacham Centennial Committee and all the volunteers who have made the centennial
celebrations a huge success.
Meacham Mayor and Council
- To all that had kind concerns for my well-being after the accident at Eagle Creek when a section of 6-ft. steel unsecured fencing fell on me. I received cracked ribs and severe body trauma. I have slowly recovered from the pain and am on the mend. So once again thanks again for the cards, phone calls and food and especially to the Hollman family – Kelvin, Jenn and the girls who invaded my yard to reseed my garden and do my yard work. Much appreciation to all who came to help Don and myself.
As ever Dianne and Don Poncelet
- Thank you for showing God’s love. You’re one of those special people who make the world better for those who know you and those you help in their time of need because you remind us that God is everywhere. My family and I would like to thank those who helped on Fri., Aug 17th with the car accident. Many thanks to those who stopped to help. Special thanks to Ron Walker and Jeff Fitzsimmons who were first on scene for the fire department. Enjoyed seeing you, but hope not to do it again that way. Thank the Lord we have people in our community who have such big hearts and care enough of others to put themselves out there in unpleasant situations.
I know there were other volunteer fire fighters out there and I am sorry I don’t know who you were, but
thank you. Thank you to Tammy Lang who helped look after the kids. It was a relief to be able to hear at the time that the kids were being looked after right away. That took a huge worry off me at the time, cause I was stuck and couldn’t deal with them. A huge thanks to Barclay Patterson. This man was just passing by who helped. This man, like our fire fighters was incredible. He not only kept checking me, the other vehicle, but the kids as well. He came to the hospital and checked on everyone. He stayed with the other couple and helped them immensely with finding hotels, flights home, getting them to and from places.
Blair Holland, we also want to thank, I could hear your calm voice making sure that things were
being handled, offering advice, getting in there and just helping knowing what to do. It was reassuring knowing you were just there. At the time I asked Blair if he could fix my vehicle, and he told me ‘no’, without hesitating … (where I was hanging from it didn’t look too bad, yes I may have been delusional) …Well Blair I finally saw the navigator and yeah now I know why. (lol) The world needs more people like Tammy, Ron, Jeff, Blair and Barclay. No words can express how grateful we are to you all, but thank you and God Bless.
Roy, Amanda, Andrew Sutherland
- Dianne Breckner will be taking the bookings for the Colonsay Hall as of January 1, 2012. Please phone 255-2357. Please no calls after 8:00 p.m.
- PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION: Fun ‘n’ Friends Preschool is now accepting registrations for the 2012/
2013 school year. Fun ‘n’ Friends Preschool is an educational setting for 3- and 4-year-olds (must be 3 or 4 before December 31, 2012) where children are exposed to socialization and are taught things such as the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, and information on various themes. The children also make crafts and sing and move to music. Classes start on September 6th for 4-year olds and September 11th for 3-year-olds. To register, please contact Shannon at 255-2034.
- Envisions Dance will be holding a Registration/meeting Wed., Sept. 5th at 7:00 p.m. in the Colonsay
School. Please attend if you have children interested in taking dance classes this year. If you cannot attend, please call one of the board members for information and to enroll your child. Board members are: Amanda Sutherland: 255-2365; Debrah Holland: 255-2826; Christy Beggs: 255- 2011; Tara Schmidt: 255-2250; and Kate Udell; 255-2240.
- The Colonsay CanSkate Club will be having a registration night on Tuesday, Sept. 18th from 6 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the Colonsay and Area Sports Center (the rink). Lessons will be weekly at the Colonsay Rink on Tuesdays. One session will run from 4:00 p.m. until 4:45 p.m. and the second session will run from 4:45 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. – students will be divided according to ability level. The first class will be on October 30 th and the final lesson February 26th, 2013. Lessons will follow the school calendar (no school = no lesson). Registration fees will be $130/child (includes CanSkate registration fee, ice time, and coaching fees) with the expectation that every family participates in fundraising activities throughout the winter. Any questions or comments can be directed to Jocelyn Palm at 255-2251.
- Notice to Members of Colonsay Credit Union: In branch voting on the proposed merger with Affinity
Credit Union to take place from Monday, Sept. 10th, 2012 to Sunday, Sept. 16th, 2012.
If you are unable to come in to vote in person during the voting period, you can mail in your ballot in the special voting envelopes. These envelopes and detailed information were sent out in late July. All members that are entitled to vote would have received an envelope, a ballot and the related information. If you have any questions, on the proposed merger or questions on how the mail in voting works, please call any of our branches. (Please read carefully the instruction on the envelope to ensure your ballot can be counted.)
- SHA of Gold Player Development Camp (Initiation – Midget) and Coach Clinic is being held November 2nd to 4th at the Colonsay Sports Centre. The camp is being offered at no cost for all local players (past or present). To register, contact Amanda Brochu at 255-2024 or email@example.com. A deposit is required – space is limited.
To register your child in hockey for the 2012-2013 season, please contact Amanda/ Minor Hockey has adopted a “no release’ policy (recommended by SHA). You must register with Colonsay Minor Hockey first before a release will be considered. All release requests should be submitted to SHA.
REC BOARD BINGO REPORT
DATES: September 1st, 2012, October 13th, 2012, November 18th, 2012
CALL: Darlene @ 255-2184 to volunteer to work some of these dates!
Earned bingo funds are the life-line for the Rec Board. BE A VOLUNTEER!!! A Big Thank You to those
few individuals who worked Bingos or donated money in lieu of working for the period from September 1st, 2011 to August 31st, 2012.
Colonsay Community Catering Committee
The Colonsay Catering Committee is a volunteer-run organization that provides catering service to
community and non-community members. The Catering Committee provides meals for weddings, graduation,
anniversaries, reunions, and annual meetings, among others, for a minimal fee. The money that is raised by the committee stays in Colonsay; it is divided up once a year and donated equally to the Colonsay Community Hall, the Colonsay Swimming Pool, and the Colonsay and District Sports Center. When a catering group is preparing for a function, they will contact members of the community to ask for donations of food, ask if you are able to help work that function, or ask if you are able to cook a roast/turkey that is provided by the catering group. By asking for food or time donations, the catering group can donate more money to the town amenities.
We are always in need of more volunteers and are so very grateful for the help we receive, of any kind,
from the community members! If you are interested in becoming a member of one of the two current catering groups, please feel free to contact any Catering Committee Member (listed below). Becoming a member of a group is different than donating food as you become more involved in the preparation and planning of a meal for a function as well as serving it. Thank you so much to all past catering committee members for all of your hard work and time put into the group! We truly appreciated all of your time and wish you all the best.
If you are interested in booking the Colonsay Catering Committee for a function, please feel free to contact Tracy Fitzsimmons at 255-2751 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month prior to your function. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Catering Committee, please feel free to contact any current member as listed below: Barb Mulhall, Bev Garner, Michelle Brochu, Michelle Kirk, Renee Maitland, Shannon Reinbold, Sheila Peever, Shelly Sander, Tammy Lang, Tara Schmidt, and Tracy Fitzsimmons.
INVITATION TO TENDER
Janitorial Service Contract
RCMP Colonsay Detachment
The RCMP Colonsay Detachment, Colonsay, SK is seeking tenders for janitorial services contract.
Interested parties may obtain a Tender Package through the Detachment by contacting S/Sgt Rob Eyre @ 306-975-5176. The successful contractor and their employees will be required to obtain a valid RCMP Departmental Security clearance. The successful contractor must adhere to all safety rules, regulations and labor codes in all jurisdictions where work is performed. This service contract may not necessarily be awarded to the lowest bidder. Optional Site Visit will be held on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
Deadline for Tender submission is 2:00 p.m. MDT, September 6th, 2012.
Bids must be forwarded to RCMP NWR Procurement & Contracting via courier or fax as per Submission
of Bids within the Tender Package.